Wanted Down Under, the TV show from the BBC is airing again and as usually happen, I get quite a few emails and comments from people looking to apply for Wanted Down Under thinking that Getting Down Under is somehow connected to the BBC’s TV Show.
I’ve been following Wanted Down Under since I wrote about the first episode back in 2007 and based on the fact that they are now into the 9th Season of Wanted Down Under I think it’s fair to say that the TV show has proved quite a hit for the BBC.
Applications to apply for the current series of Wanted Down Under were closed some time ago and the BBC state that although production is now underway on the next series of Wanted Down Under, they are not actively reviewing applications to appear on the program.
With that said, the BBC also advise that you can still complete and submit an application form if you’d like to be considered for any possible future series of their wanted TV show.
Applications forms to apply on Wanted Down Under are available via this link. It’s worth noting that you’ll need Microsoft Word to open the form. If you don’t have Microsoft Word, consider signing up for a free service such as google docs where you’ll be able to open, edit and print MS word documents without having to install any additional software on your PC.
The BBC advise on their website that they will be unlikely to start reviewing new applications for Wanted Down Under until October this year so if you do choose to apply for the show it may take a while before you hear anything. With this in mind, patience will indeed be a virtue.
Criteria you need to meet to appear on Wanted Down Under.
The BBC advise that before you apply to appear on Wanted Down Under you must meet the following criteria: :mail:
- Age – the main visa applicant must be under 45 for Australia or under 55 for New Zealand
- Profession – your job must be on the skills shortage list for either Australia or New Zealand
- You must genuinely be considering emigrating. Please note, this is not a free holiday. Filming – both in the UK and Australia – can be an intense experience involving long and tiring days. Applicants need to be flexible, committed, and open to the requirements of the process. Filming is fun, but it’s also demanding, and only those who feel they would relish that challenge should apply.
- Filming in the UK often occurs during the week, so this may require you to take a day or two off work.
- Filming in Australia / New Zealand will be over a weeklong period. Exact dates will be set by the production team and are organised to fit into a tight schedule. When possible, we will try and select dates that are mutually beneficial to everyone involved, however the decision of the production team is final. Again, you may need to take time off work, which unfortunately the BBC cannot reimburse you for.
Once you have completed the application form, add some family photos (keeping the file sizes manageable), then e-mail the word doc and the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, I wish you all the looking in your application to appear on the show. Please feel free to register and post in our forums if you have any specific questions about moving to australia. Our forums can be accessed by clicking here.