Well, the house has been back on the market now for a few weeks and we are getting lots of people through the door. Still no buyers though.

The chap who was really interested has decided that he won’t pay more then his initial offer (which wasn’t a satisfactory one) so we’ll leave him simmering for a while.

Not holding out much hope for this chap anyway. At the end of the day, I’ve asked him twice now to formally confirm his offer with the Halifax but still nothing.

Its also interesting how many people are trying to pull a fast one and trying to take advantage just because we are moving abroad.

We even had one chap saying to the missus last night..’You moving to Australia, you give us cheap price..yes?’

Err, no

We may be moving abroad but we aren’t going to sell the house for a pittance, were not that desperate (yet!) At the end of the day, if we don’t sell before we move out in just over a months time then we’ll have a mortgage and rent to pay at the same time.

It’s not a perfect situation but we’ve budgeted enough to be OK for a few months and I seriously think if it does come to that, an empty shell would be easier to sell. Hey that rhymes! 🙂