Launched this week, the new 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa will enable eligible skilled workers, and their families to live, work and study in designated regional areas of Australia for five years.
We’ve already written a few articles about the 491 Visa and in the spirit of keeping things simple; we thought we’d include a summary of some of the key features that the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) has to offer migrants looking to call Australia home.
Key features of Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491):
- The regional area is mainly anywhere except metropolitan Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne. Perth and the Gold Coast are now considered regional Australia!
- Must live and work in regional areas for at least three years before being eligible for PR
- PR pathway available through visa subclass 191 that will commence from 16 November 2022
- The applicant should be earning a minimum wage of $ 53,900 per annum for three years (concessions may apply)
- Visa holder is allowed to move from one regional area to another
- 14000 places to be allocated each year
- A wide range of occupations are eligible (over 500)
How Long Is the 491 Visa Valid?
The 491 Visa is granted for five years
What is the 491 Visa age limit?
To qualify for the 491 Visa, you need to be within the age limit. The current 491 Visa Age limit is 45 years.
How much does the 491 Visa Cost?
As of the time of typing, the 491 visa is available for an application fee of $4,045 and the partner fee is set at $2,025.
What is the Australia 491 Regional Visa Basic Eligibility Criteria?
To qualify for a Regional 491 Visa, you must:
- be nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency, or an eligible relative must sponsor you
- have an occupation on a relevant skilled occupation list
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- be invited to apply
- satisfy the points test
Other Resources: The official webpage on the Australian Immigration Website for this visa type can be found here. It is recommended you check this page if you want to check the latest 491 Visa costs which may change from time to time
Is the 491 Visa for you?
Do you think the 491 Visa might be for you? Would three years living in a regional area be of interest to you? Let us know in our comments.
Similarly, if any of the information above isn’t 100% clear, please let us know. We very much appreciate all feedback and will look to incorporate any feedback into this or future articles.