This occupation group covers Actors, Dancers and Other Entertainers not elsewhere classified. This occupation group requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- Skill Level
- Circus Trainer
- Disc Jockey (Nightclub)
- Extra (Film or Television)
- Motivational Speaker
- Public Speaker
- Stunt Performer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 2111 Actors, Dancers and Other Entertainers
entertain by portraying roles in productions, performing and composing dances, and performing a variety of other acts.
- reading scripts and undertaking research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characterisations
- learning lines and cues, rehearsing parts, and applying vocal and movement skills to the development of characterisation
- preparing for performances through rehearsals under the instruction and guidance of production directors
- acting parts and portraying roles as developed in rehearsals in film, television, radio and stage productions
- practising dance routines and interpreting the choreographic content of the production
- performing dances for audience entertainment, coordinating body movements and facial expression, usually with musical accompaniment
- composing and notating ballet compositions and other dance routines
- creating and performing individual performance routines
- rehearsing, auditioning and travelling between entertainment venues
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Actors, Dancers and Other Entertainers nec – ANZSCO 211199?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!