Analyses mathematical, statistical, demographic, financial or economic data to predict and assess the long-term risk involved in financial decisions and planning. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2293-15 Actuary
Group: 2241 Actuaries, Mathematicians and Statisticians
develop and apply actuarial, mathematical, statistical and quantitative principles and techniques to solve problems in a range of fields such as business and finance, scientific and social research, and engineering.
Econometricians are excluded from this unit group. Econometricians are included in Unit Group 2243 Economists.
- defining, analysing and solving complex financial and business problems relating to areas such as insurance premiums, annuities, superannuation funds, pensions and dividends
- examining financial projections for general insurance companies, finance companies, government and other organisations
- designing new types of policies, assessing risks and analysing investments in life insurance, superannuation funds, health insurance, friendly societies, financial markets and other areas
- formulating mathematical models to simulate processes
- applying models to experimental observations, and adjusting and recasting the models
- using numerical analysis methods to develop algorithms and perform computations
- liaising with management and clients to determine the subject or area to be surveyed or examined
- specifying the data to be collected, and the methodology to be used in collection and analysis
- evaluating and describing the reliability and utility of source information
- analysing and interpreting data, and producing relevant statistics to describe and infer particular trends and patterns
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 224111 Actuary
- 224112 Mathematician
- 224113 Statistician
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Actuary – ANZSCO 224111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!