Provides general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged or disabled people in their own homes.
- Skill Level
Note: some roles within this occupation are at ANZSCO Skill Level 3.
- Alternative Titles
- Aged or Disabled Care Worker
- Personal Carer
- Personal Care Worker
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4231 Aged and Disabled Carers
provide general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged and disabled persons in their own homes.
- accompanying aged and disabled persons during daily activities
- assisting clients with their mobility
- preparing food for clients
- arranging social activities
- performing housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming and cleaning
- assisting in personal hygiene and dressing
- providing companionship, friendship and emotional support
- may do shopping and run errands
- may live in with the person
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Note: some roles within this unit group are at ANZSCO Skill Level 3.
- Occupations in this Group
- 423111 Aged or Disabled Carer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Aged or Disabled Carer – ANZSCO 423111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!