Inspects, tests, aligns, repairs and installs aircraft electrical and avionic system components. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Instruments)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Radio)
- Avionics Technician (Defence)
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Instruments)
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Radio)
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4114-01 Supervisor, Aircraft Maintenance Engineers
- 4114-15 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)
Group: 3231 Aircraft Maintenance Engineers
maintain and repair aircraft structures, and avionic and mechanical systems.
- dismantling, inspecting, testing, repairing and reassembling aircraft engines, ancillary motors and engine accessories, electrical systems, and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- installing electrical circuits and equipment
- testing aircraft communication equipment, aircraft instrumentation and electronic systems using electronic testing equipment and specialised test apparatus
- replacing and testing aircraft oxygen system components
- assembling parts and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- conducting routine pre-flight inspections of engines, aircraft frames and mechanical systems
- maintaining records of action taken
- may manufacture aircraft electrical, instrument and radio hardware components
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 323111 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)
- 323112 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
- 323113 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Structures)
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics) – ANZSCO 323111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!