Analyses user needs, produces requirements documentation and system plans, and encodes, tests, debugs, maintains and documents programs and applications.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Programmer Analyst
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2231-17 Applications and Analyst Programmer
- 2231-19 Systems Programmer
Group: 2613 Software and Applications Programmers
design, develop, test, maintain and document program code in accordance with user requirements, and system and technical specifications.
- researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
- identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
- writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
- providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Analyst Programmer – ANZSCO 261311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!