Lays out, marks and cuts fabric to form parts of garments.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4941-17 Apparel Cutter
Group: 3932 Clothing Trades Workers
prepare and cut garment patterns and fabric, and make and repair garments.
- conferring with customers to determine material, styles and designs of garments
- interpreting designs, sketches and samples to determine pattern specifications
- cutting out master patterns
- laying up and cutting fabric
- pinning, basting and draping garment parts
- sewing garments
- fitting basted garments on customers and marking areas requiring alteration
- sewing buttonholes, and sewing on buttons, hooks, eyes and press fasteners to finish garments
- pressing and finishing work
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 393211 Apparel Cutter
- 393212 Clothing Patternmaker
- 393213 Dressmaker or Tailor
- 393299 Clothing Trades Workers nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Apparel Cutter – ANZSCO 393211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!