Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise fish and other aquatic stock.
- Skill Level
- Fish Farmer
- Hatchery Manager (Fish)
- Mussel Farmer
- Oyster Farmer
- Seafood Farmer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position predominantly involves responsibility for low skilled tasks.
Example 1: Rostering, maintaining records, reception duties and allocating duties to housekeepers, porters or doorpersons.
Example 2: Fruit picking or packing or feeding of livestock or animals.
Example 3: Truck driving.
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 1211 Aquaculture Farmers
plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise fish and other aquatic stock.
- planning and coordinating the operation of hatcheries to produce fish fry, seed oysters, crayfish, marron and prawns taking into account environmental and market factors
- monitoring the environment to maintain optimal growing conditions
- identifying and controlling environmental toxins and diseases
- monitoring stock growth rates to determine when to harvest
- transporting fish, crayfish, marron, prawns and sticks of seed oysters to new tanks, ponds, cages and floating net pens
- directing and overseeing the harvesting, grading and packaging of fish, oysters and other aquatic stock
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of fish stock
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 121111 Aquaculture Farmer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Aquaculture Farmer – ANZSCO 121111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!