Analyses and documents records, and plans and organises systems and procedures for the safekeeping of records and historically valuable documents.
- Skill Level
- Film Archivist
- Legal Archivist
- Manuscripts Archivist
- Parliamentary Archivist
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2299-15 Archivist
Group: 2242 Archivists, Curators and Records Managers
develop, maintain, implement and deliver systems for keeping, updating, accessing and preserving records, files, information, historical documents and artefacts.
- evaluating and preserving records for administrative, historical, legal, evidential and other purposes
- preparing record-keeping systems, indexes, guides and procedures for archival research and for the retention and destruction of records
- identifying and classifying specimens and objects, and arranging restoration work
- examining items and arranging examinations to determine condition and authenticity
- designing and revising medical record forms
- managing organisations’ central records systems
- analysing the record-keeping needs of organisations, and translating these needs into record management systems
- maintaining computerised and other record management systems and record forms, and advising on their usage
- controlling access to confidential information, and recommending codes of practice and procedures for accessing records
- developing record cataloguing, coding and classification systems, and monitoring their use
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 224211 Archivist
- 224212 Gallery or Museum Curator
- 224213 Health Information Manager
- 224214 Records Manager
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Archivist – ANZSCO 224211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!