Installs, maintains and repairs electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Automotive Electrical Fitter
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4212-01 Supervisor, Automotive Electricians
- 4212-11 Automotive Electrician
Group: 3211 Automotive Electricians
install, maintain and repair electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles.
- using test equipment to locate electrical and electronic malfunctions
- dismantling and removing electrical and electronic assemblies and components
- installing electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles
- connecting power-operated vehicle equipment and accessories to power supply
- adjusting engine control systems and timing
- testing and replacing defective alternators, generators, voltage regulators and starter motors
- repairing and replacing faulty ignition and electrical wiring
- replacing defective parts such as fuses, lamps and switches
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 321111 Automotive Electrician
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Automotive Electrician – ANZSCO 321111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!