Installs, maintains and repairs electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Automotive Electrical Fitter
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4212-01 Supervisor, Automotive Electricians
- 4212-11 Automotive Electrician
Group: 3211 Automotive Electricians
install, maintain and repair electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles.
- using test equipment to locate electrical and electronic malfunctions
- dismantling and removing electrical and electronic assemblies and components
- installing electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles
- connecting power-operated vehicle equipment and accessories to power supply
- adjusting engine control systems and timing
- testing and replacing defective alternators, generators, voltage regulators and starter motors
- repairing and replacing faulty ignition and electrical wiring
- replacing defective parts such as fuses, lamps and switches
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 321111 Automotive Electrician
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Automotive Electrician – ANZSCO 321111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!