Prepares and bakes bread loaves and rolls.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position relates to mass or standardised production (as opposed to specialist production), including the following:
(a) a position based in a franchise or factory;
(b) a position that:
(i) involves full or partial production of food product for distribution to another location; or
(ii) predominantly involves the use of pre prepared food product from another location.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4512-01 Supervisor, Bakers and Pastrycooks
- 4512-11 Baker
Group: 3511 Bakers and Pastrycooks
prepare and bake bread loaves and rolls, buns, cakes, biscuits and pastry goods.
- checking the cleanliness of equipment and operation of premises before production runs to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- checking the quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients
- kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough and pastry goods
- preparing pastry fillings
- monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance to determine baking times
- coordinating the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning and cooling of batches of bread, rolls and pastry products
- glazing buns and pastries, and decorating cakes with cream and icing
- operating machines which roll and mould dough and cut biscuits
- emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 351111 Baker
- 351112 Pastrycook
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Baker – ANZSCO 351111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!