Pleads cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Queen’s Counsel
- Senior Counsel (Aus)
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2521-11 Barrister
Group: 2711 Barristers
plead cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals.
- receiving written information in the form of briefs and verbal instructions concerning cases from Solicitors, other specialist Legal Professionals and clients
- providing advice and written opinions on points of law
- conferring with clients and witnesses in preparation for court proceedings
- drawing up pleadings, affidavits and other court documents
- researching statutes and previous court decisions relevant to cases
- outlining the facts to the court, calling and questioning witnesses, and making addresses to the court to argue a client’s case
- providing opinion on complex legal issues
- may draw up or settle documents
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 271111 Barrister
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Barrister – ANZSCO 271111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!