Organises and controls the operations of a cafe, restaurant or related establishment to provide dining and catering services.
Fast Food Managers (Aus)/ Quick Service Restaurant Managers (NZ) are excluded from this occupation. Fast Food Managers (Aus) and Quick Service Restaurant Managers (NZ) are included in Occupation 142111 Retail Manager (General)
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Bistro Manager
- Canteen Manager
- Internet Cafe Manager
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position is in a limited service restaurant.
Group: 1411 Cafe and Restaurant Managers
organise and control the operations of cafes, restaurants and related establishments to provide dining and catering services.
- planning menus in consultation with Chefs
- planning and organising special functions
- arranging the purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget
- maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- ensuring dining facilities comply with health regulations and are clean, functional and of suitable appearance
- conferring with customers to assess their satisfaction with meals and service
- selecting, training and supervising waiting and kitchen staff
- may take reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 141111 Cafe or Restaurant Manager
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Cafe or Restaurant Manager – ANZSCO 141111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!