Sells and serves food and beverages for consumption on premises in a cafe or similar establishment.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Cafe Assistant
- Cafe Attendant
- Canteen Attendant
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4312 Cafe Workers
sell and serve food and beverages for consumption on premises in cafes and similar establishments.
- preparing and serving food and beverages for consumption on the premises
- taking customers’ food and beverage orders
- operating cash registers, accepting payments and preparing sales invoices
- clearing away used dishes and cutlery from tables when customers are finished
- cleaning and preparing tables for use
- washing dishes, cutlery and cooking utensils
- cleaning cafe equipment such as coffee grinders, espresso machines and ice makers
- participating in stocktakes and assisting in putting away new stock
- providing backup to other cafe employees
- Skill Level
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 431211 Cafe Worker
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Cafe Worker – ANZSCO 431211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!