Constructs, erects, installs, renovates and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, wallboard and other materials. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Fixing Carpenter
- Formwork Carpenter
- Prop and Scenery Maker
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4411-13 Carpenter
Group: 3312 Carpenters and Joiners
construct, erect, install, renovate and repair structures and fixtures made of wood, plywood, wallboard and other materials, and cut, shape and fit timber parts to form structures and fittings.
- studying drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- ordering and selecting timbers and materials, and preparing layouts
- cutting materials, and assembling and nailing cut and shaped parts
- erecting framework and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards and verifying trueness of structures
- nailing fascia panels, sheathing roofs, and fitting exterior wall cladding and door and window frames
- assembling prepared wood to form structures and fittings ready to install
- cutting wood joints
- may construct concrete formwork
- may repair existing fittings
- may work with plastic laminates, perspex and metals
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 331211 Carpenter and Joiner
- 331212 Carpenter
- 331213 Joiner
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Carpenter – ANZSCO 331212?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!