Performs laboratory tests on organic and inorganic chemicals, analyses test data and carries out technical functions in support of Chemists or Chemical Engineers in a wide variety of areas such as fuels, agricultural products, food, pharmaceuticals, paints, metals, plastics, textiles, detergents, paper, fertilisers and cosmetics.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Chemistry Technical Officer
- Chemical Instrumentation Officer
- Chemical Process Analyst
- Chemistry Laboratory Technician
- Dairy Laboratory Technician
- Petroleum Laboratory Technician
- Sugar Laboratory Assistant
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 3112-11 Chemistry Technical Officer
Group: 3114 Science Technicians
perform tests and experiments, and provide technical support functions to assist with research, design, production and teaching in chemistry, earth sciences, life sciences, and physical sciences.
- preparing materials for experimentation such as freezing and slicing specimens and mixing chemicals
- collecting information and samples
- conducting field and laboratory experiments, tests and analyses
- presenting results in graphic and written form by preparing maps, charts, sketches, diagrams and reports
- performing routine mathematical calculations, and computations of measurements
- controlling the quality and quantity of laboratory supplies by testing samples and monitoring usage
- checking, calibrating and maintaining test equipment
- participating in fabricating, installing and modifying equipment to ensure that critical standards are met
- preparing experiments and demonstrations for science classes
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 311411 Chemistry Technician
- 311412 Earth Science Technician
- 311413 Life Science Technician
- 311414 School Laboratory Technician
- 311415 Hydrographer
- 311499 Science Technicians nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Chemistry Technician – ANZSCO 311411?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!