Prepares detailed drawings and plans for civil engineering work in support of Civil Engineering Professionals and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Civil Engineering Design Draftsperson
- Plumbing Engineering Draftsperson
- Road Design Draftsperson
- Sewage Reticulation Drafting Officer
- Structural Engineering Drafting Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Engineers Australia/VETASSESS
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 3121-21 Plumbing Engineering Associate
- 3122-11 Civil Engineering Associate
Group: 3122 Civil Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
assist in civil engineering research, design, construction, operations and maintenance.
- preparing sketches, charts, tabulations, plans and designs for civil engineering works such as drainage, water supply, sewerage reticulation systems, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures
- performing and directing fieldwork and laboratory testing
- interpreting work assignment instructions, applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment
- collecting and analysing data, and carrying out computations
- estimating material costs and ensuring finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- inspecting civil engineering works, and organising and supervising maintenance and repair work
- conducting field and laboratory tests of construction materials and soils, and collecting data for traffic surveys
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson
- 312212 Civil Engineering Technician
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Civil Engineering Draftsperson – ANZSCO 312211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!