Provides high level management to support the running of a geographical or operational section of a police service.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 1294-15 Commissioned Police Officer
Group: 1391 Commissioned Officers (Management)
provide high level management to support the running of organisational, geographical and operational units and sections within the defence forces and fire and police services.
- establishing administrative and operational procedures by taking account of the organisation’s operating environment
- making policy decisions and accepting responsibility for operations, performance of staff, achievement of targets and adherence to budgets, standards and procedures
- establishing lines of control and delegating responsibilities to subordinate staff
- representing the organisation in dealings with other organisations and the public
- controlling the collection and interpretation of management information to monitor performance
- controlling the use of, and accounting for, the assets and facilities of the organisation
- preparing budgets and other management plans
- preparing reports, authorising the release of information, and handling public relations activities
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 139111 Commissioned Defence Force Officer
- 139112 Commissioned Fire Officer
- 139113 Commissioned Police Officer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Commissioned Police Officer – ANZSCO 139113?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!