Identifies issues of local need, concerns and aspirations through community consultation, and designs and implements strategies to facilitate and encourage community arts projects and happenings, and promote the value of community cultural development.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Community Artist
- Community Arts Officer
- Community Cultural Development Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 2726 Welfare, Recreation and Community Arts Workers
design and implement strategies and programs to meet community and individual needs and assist individuals, families and groups with social, emotional and financial difficulties to improve quality of life by educating and supporting them and working towards change in their social environment.
- researching and analysing community issues, needs and problems
- developing, evaluating and maintaining community resources and programs
- evaluating data and writing reports such as submissions requesting funding for continuing programs and new projects
- identifying issues of local need, concerns and aspirations through community consultation
- organising local sporting, cultural and recreational events and activities such as community functions, hobby classes, community arts projects and sporting competitions
- providing support while exploring alternatives with clients who experience difficulties such as marital problems, unemployment, illness and drug abuse
- assessing risks and providing intensive short-term crisis counselling for victims of domestic violence, child abuse, disasters and other crises
- assisting to establish and administer neighbourhood houses, community groups, employment training programs and other services
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 272611 Community Arts Worker
- 272612 Recreation Officer (Aus) / Recreation Coordinator (NZ)
- 272613 Welfare Worker
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Community Arts Worker – ANZSCO 272611?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!