Notifications
Clear all

Civil engineer - 482 looking for nomination transfer  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@breslin)
New Member Registered

Hi,

I currently live in Melbourne and have been working under a 482 visa for 2 years. Due to covid I have been made redundant and looking for someone to take up my visa nomination.

Had some interviews but the visa is putting must off.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards 

Martin Breslin

Posted : September 15, 2020 12:20 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Welcome, Martin and sorry to hear about your current predicament mate.

What's your occupation? 

Cheers

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 11:19 am
Community - migrate to australia
(@breslin)
New Member Registered

@mark Hi Mark, was working as a project engineer in the civil sector mostly focusing on road infrastructure.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 12:47 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

@breslin sorry martin, it may have helped if I read the title of your post correctly 😶. You'll probably appreciate more than most that the market has gone to crap since COVID hit.

Here in the West, mining is keeping projects ticking along although the hard border doesn't look like it will ease up any time soon which won't help you, even if you were willing to be flexible on location. 

I would recommend you register for job alerts so we can advise you if any project engineering roles become available. Instructions on how to do this here https://gettingdownunder.com/job-alerts-now-available.  

Also, if you haven't already, review the government guidelines here so you understand your other options / next steps. https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/temporary-skill-shortage-visa-subclass-482-or-temporary-work-skilled-visa-subclass-457

Finally, if you haven't already, I highly recommend you hit up your LinkedIn network, it may serve as a useful resource. 

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 8:45 pm
Share: