Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Getting back to Sydney  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@kriss1966)
New Member Registered

Hi, I spent 4 years living and working in sales in Australia before loosing my visa after being made redundant. I've been back in the UK for 3 years now but am still keen to go back to Australia long term.

I am currently in the police (civilian role), have a science based degree and approx 8 yrs sales experience. 

Is there any other ropptiwn that you would recommend me pursuing other than the skills list as my current occupation is not listed ?

I know it's a long shot but can't hurt to ask.

Thanks in advance

Kristian

Posted : February 11, 2020 9:09 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi mate and welcome :) 

If you are looking to move to Australia permanently, your options will be very limited, unfortunately. 

How old are you? A working holiday visa be an option?

Also, what type of visa were you on before?

Cheers

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2020 10:44 am
(@kriss1966)
New Member Registered

@mark

Hey Mark,

Cheers for the swift response.

Afraid not with the working holiday visa, already had it and just turned 37.

I do want to move back permanently but is the long term goal, temporary is fine too.

I was on a 457 visa. I am currently looking at potential student visa options but the costs are extremely high for a university course.

I am considering a visa agent but I’m currently researching to see if getting a new visa is even an option before handing over money to an agent.

Regards

Kristian

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2020 10:37 pm
(@kriss1966)
New Member Registered

Hi again,

a friend of mine who runs a small carpentry business back in Sydney has contacted me offering to sponsor me on a carpentry apprenticeship.

Is this something that would be a viable option visa wise? I was only made the offer yesterday so am just now starting to look into it.

Regards

Kristian

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2020 9:30 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @kriss1966, this could certainly be an option. ? 

Keep in mind however that your friend would still need to pass the usual checks and balances required by the Australian migration department. E.g. Meet the criteria to be an approved sponsor, be able to provide evidence of posting the job locally for 30 days etc. 

Certainly worth looking into further though!

Cheers

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2020 3:43 pm
Share: