Clear all


Community - migrate to australia
New Member Registered


My name is Loren and we are desperate to move to Australia from the UK. We being my husband and our children aged 8 and 2. My husband is a toolmaker engineer and has an ONC in mechanical engineering and has been in the same position for 12 years. However we have spoken to a migration agent and he stated that my husband would need a degree not just on ONC to go over in a skilled visa. Can anyone help with what we can do? I have a diploma in semi permanent eyelash extensions and over 10 years customer service and sales experience. Our best friends are in Sydney and we are desperate to get over and start a new life. I am 30 and my husband is 32. Any help would be amazing.


Thank you 

Posted : January 4, 2020 3:49 am
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Loren and welcome 🖐️ 

Firstly apologies for the delay, the Christmas break has resulted in me running a little behind 😖

Engineers Australia, the body that assesses people looking to emigrate to Australia has quite strict criteria that needs to be met in order for a persons skills to be recognised.

Unfortunately without a degree, your husbands options will be very limited im afraid. Engineers Australia won't approve his skills assessment without one and an approved assessment is a dependency of a successful visa application.

Has your husband considered furthering his education to get a degree? Given his current experience and education, there may be opportunities to fast track this process. 

All the best


Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

Posted : January 12, 2020 11:21 am
Scroll to Top