Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi all, creating a sticky topic as we see a lot of new threads on the lines of:

• I am a bricklayer looking for sponsorship
  • I am a quantity surveyor looking for sponsorship
  • I am a chef looking for sponsorship
  • I am a.....

and the list goes on.

There are a few key points to remember when it comes to sponsored visa opportunities.

1. Only occupations considered in demand qualify for 482 visa sponsorship.
  2. Australian employers need to be advertising qualifying vacancies where they are willing to offer sponsorship.
  3. You need to apply for the job and be successful in being selected.

Now let's go through each of these main points.

1, Only occupations considered in demand qualify for 482 visa sponsorship.

Australia has a number of skilled occupations lists and to have an occupation that qualifies for sponsorship; you need to have an occupation on one of these lists. The two main lists are the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and the Short Term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL).

Occupations on the MLTSS may eventually enable you to obtain permanent residency here in Australia. Occupations on the STSOL will enable you to live and work in Australia for a period of between 2 and 4 years.

The current lists can be found here:

2, Australian employers need to be advertising vacancies where they are willing to offer sponsorship.

Next, you need to find a job where the employer is willing to offer sponsorship. There are numerous job websites here in Australia, although the majority target people who are already in Australia with a legal right to work.

Employers can only offer sponsorship after they have advertised the job locally for 30 days and have been unable to identify a resource locally. This significantly reduces the number of opportunities. 

We have our own jobs database here at getting down under. To identify roles for inclusion in our database, we use an algorithm to identify jobs listed on popular Australian job sites where the employer is willing to offer sponsorship. 

We then list these jobs on our website with a snippet of the job description and a link back to the source of the job advert. You can view our jobs database listing the latest jobs with 482 Visa sponsorship here:

Australia Sponsored Job Database

3. You need to apply for the job and be successful in being selected.

Finally, the other point worth noting is that to be sponsored, you need to apply for the job and be successful in being selected.

Just like you would apply for a job in your home country. The process for applying for a sponsored job in Australia is exactly the same. 

• You'll apply for a job you are interested in.
  • If your resume looks good, you'll be shortlisted for interview.
  • You'll be interviewed and if successful;
  • You'll be offered the job with sponsorship. 

Many of our visitors don't fully appreciate this final point. Hence, it's worth keeping in mind that you'll likely be competing for the same job, so visas to one side, you'll still need to have the skillsets that would be attractive to n Australian employer.

We hope you find this introduction useful. If you still have further questions, please start a new post in our forums or reply back to the thread that pointed you to this post. 

All the best

Mark

Please note - My forum posts should be considered general advice
Please seek professional, qualified advice if you are still not sure.
See our Disclaimer for more information here.
Useful Links: Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here
Sponsored Job Database: Click Here
Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

tuste42
(@tuste42)
New Member Registered

• Am a farm hand labourer looking for aTSS 482 sponsorship

ReplyQuote
binnyvarghese1982@gmail.com
(@binnyvarghese1982gmail-com)
New Member Registered

strategic sourcing and Procurement Manager by profession.

In the current scenario is the visa sponsorship option still open? As in amid border closure and all

Can you help me get a visa sponsorship job as my skill are in long term skilled profession

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @binnyvarghese1982gmail-com

In the current scenario is the visa sponsorship option still open? As in amid border closure and all

Yes, we are still seeing 482 candidates arriving in Australia.

Posted by: @binnyvarghese1982gmail-com

Can you help me get a visa sponsorship job as my skill are in long term skilled profession

In the sense that we will connect you with employers via the jobs we advertise yes! Please set up job alerts so we can contact you when jobs matching your criteria are posted. Instructions on how to do this in my signature below. 👍

ReplyQuote
pamjanagap
(@pamjanagap)
New Member Registered

I am a Registered Nurse with AHPRA license Div1, NICU experience and Staff Nurse in Research also looking for sponsorship jobs.

Mark liked
ReplyQuote
 Boss
(@kingvic_1)
New Member Registered

I'm a professional barber looking for Sponsorship job in Australia please help me thanks

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @kingvic_1

I'm a professional barber looking for Sponsorship job in Australia please help me thanks

Hey mate - please make sure you have searched our job board as there are a couple of suitable vacancies listed. I Also recommend you set up job alerts (see link below) so we can email you when new barber jobs are added.

ReplyQuote
Francis Tapiwa Mupinyuri
(@francis-tapiwa-mupinyuri)
New Member Registered

I am a Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic looking for visa sponsorship. Please help 

ReplyQuote
Stuart Jones
(@stuart-jones)
New Member Registered

Hi there, I am located offshore in South Africa looking for a job sponsorship visa. Due to borders being closed are you aware if you can get an offshore job sponsor being on the medium term skilled list as a chef? i am waiting for the state sponsorship regional skilled visas to open up but this seems like it could be a while still for offshore candidates so was hoping that a job sponsorship could get me in Australia faster

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Stuart, yes, we regularly see new Chef roles being advertised offering sponsorship, mainly in regional areas of Australia. 

ReplyQuote
KandRC
(@kandrc)
New Member Registered

I’m trying to find a sponsorship job for a Carpenter, preferably in Queensland! I have 20 years experience. Thanks 

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @kandrc

I’m trying to find a sponsorship job for a Carpenter, preferably in Queensland! I have 20 years experience. Thanks 

Job alerts will be your friend 👍 https://gettingdownunder.com/job-alerts-now-available/  

ReplyQuote
(@jean-milburn)
Active Member Registered

I’m trying to find a job in SEO I have 2 years of experience. Is there any chance to find a job in this situation of covid-19? Mark

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Jean, due to the ability to undertake SEO activities remotely, SEO roles will not generally be available for sponsorship. On that, I've also removed the SPAM posts you have made on our forums as these are not permitted. 😣 👎 

ReplyQuote
Stuart Jones
(@stuart-jones)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark

Regarding my previous post on chef 482 sponsorship being possible whilst borders are closed, your reply was:

Hi Stuart, yes, we regularly see new Chef roles being advertised offering sponsorship, mainly in regional areas of Australia. 

From what I have been told by a immigration officer is that 482 sponsored visa's cannot be granted to offshore clients like chefs whilst borders are closed. Only if you are on the PMSOL list you can.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: