Notifications
Clear all

Kitchen Drafts Men/Women - 482 Visa  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@decar)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark :) 

Amazing website, thanks so much or all the great info. 

I was wondering if you have any experience with sponsored visas for Kitchen Drafts Men/women ;) 

My partner is a kitchen designer/ carpenter/ kitchen maker. He makes bespoke high-end kitchens. He does not have a qualification in carpentry. We have a small family run business, he did all of the above, now he just does the design side of things. 

We have 2 kids, ages 3 and 8 months.

We really want to move to OZ. 

In your experience, have you seen many sponsored visas for this type of skill? There are so many vacancies, and the kitchen draftsman is not a degree that is offered there at the moment It looks as though there are some independent companies offering courses on it now. He has over 15 years experience in the industry. 

What are your thoughts? 

Really looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance, 

Denise 

Posted : January 28, 2020 4:51 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Denise  and welcome ?️ 

I do see plenty of carpentry related opportunities but less so fo draftsmen.

Unfortunately, when it comes to occupations, the Australian migration authority tends to be quite black and white when it comes to occupations in demand. Generally, the appropriateness of someone's skill has to be tested by validating formal qualifications in that skill. Without these, getting sponsorship or applying for a skilled independent visa can be tricky.

It may be worthwhile having a chat with a registered migration agent who can help guide you on any other avenues that may be available for you. Most good agents will offer an initial assessment at no cost. 

Do you have experience in any other roles Denise? 

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2020 1:33 pm
Community - migrate to australia
(@decar)
New Member Registered

@mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the super fast reply ?

My partners experience is all in kitchens, design and building. 

I worked in hospitality for years but again have no formal qualifications ?

It may be a silly question, but I will ask anyway. Does all the same criteria apply for sponsorship? The role has to be on an occupation list etc? If we found someone willing to sponsor him  based on his skill set would that override a skilled visa application or do the sponsors have to abide to the same criteria ?

Also, if he was sponsored, is there a safety net for the sponsor, as in he would have to work for them for 2 years min etc ?

One last thing ??for the carpenter visa, does this require a qualification or can it be based on proven experience?

I will get in touch with an agent too, just thought I would ask you too. 

Thanks so much, 

Denise. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2020 5:30 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Denise, I may have misguided you early so apologies as I didn’t check where you were posting from before replying! ? 

A formal skills assessment is required in support of a sponsored visa BUT only if you are looking to migrate from certain countries.

At time of typing, if you hold a passport issued by Brazil, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Macau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam or Zimbabwe; then a formal skills assessment will be required. If you are from another country (eg, the UK) then satisfying the employer that you have the necessary skills for the job, should suffice.

The official legislation covering the whos, wheres and whats can be found at the following link… it makes good bedtime reading! ? 

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00294  

While I'm at it, the official resource on the Australian Migration Website will also be of interest to you: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/temporary-skill-shortage-482

With regards to a safety net for your employer. You will have the flexibility to change employers though you will need the new employer to transfer your sponsored visa too.

The longevity of your employment becomes important if you are interested in applying for permanent residency. One of the current conditions is that you usually have worked for your employer for at least 3 years full time while holding a sponsored visa.

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 29, 2020 12:08 pm
Share: