Notifications
Clear all

Looking for architectural jobs/general visa queries  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@samjrdent)
New Member Registered

Hey Mark,

I have an architectural degree and 3+ years of office and site experience back in the UK. I am currently looking for jobs in architecture, mainly architectural draftsperson or architectural technician but struggling to find something that allows me to live and work in Australia.

I have seen that it is very low priority in NSW. I will need to stay in NSW as my partner is enrolled on a student course in Sydney for the next two years. An option was to jump on to her student visa when my working holiday runs out in June but we will short of legitimate proof of our relationship by 3 or 4 months ie bank statements and house lease.

It looks like the only option is to go on my own student visa, however, it seems like this both of us being enrolled will not have an impact of gaining PR and we will have to start our three years to gain PR once one of us finishes our course?

Is there anything I can do to help with finding a job in architecture or is the student visa the only option to stay in Australia?

Thanks for helping.

Sam.

Posted : March 5, 2020 6:26 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Sam, very sorry for the delay. I missed your post the first time around.

Firstly please make sure you have registered for job alerts here so we can email you should appropriate jobs become available. 

https://gettingdownunder.com/job-alerts-now-available/

Posted by: @samjrdent

t looks like the only option is to go on my own student visa, however, it seems like this both of us being enrolled will not have an impact of gaining PR and we will have to start our three years to gain PR once one of us finishes our course?

Can you expand on what you mean by this Sam?

If you are an international student who has graduated in Australia and you are not sponsored by any employer or relative, then you can apply for the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189).

The visa applicants must obtain the point test pass mark to get permanent residency in Australia, however, I'm not aware of a 3-year qualifying period?

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 12, 2020 3:19 pm
Share: