Looking to get spon...

Share:

Looking to get sponsored in Melbourne for project administrator jobs  

RSS
(@ekky17)
New Member Registered

Dear all

My name is Ekramul Haque and I am from the UK originally. I have already spent 2 years in Australia and mostly in Melbourne. I tried to get sponsorship when I was living there but found it very hard to get an employer to sponsor me.

Now, I am outside the country and I find it even harder as I can't network with potential employers. I am looking to get sponsored as a project administrator as my experience closely resembles to the role. Just looking for advice here as I have been applying, using LinkedIn but to no avail.

I want to move back to Melbourne but I feel that under the current visa conditions, it is almost impossible so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ekramul Haque

Posted : 18/03/2019 7:33 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Honorable Member Admin

Welcome Ekramul.  ??

How do your skills and experience fair against this role (its been posted for a while but still appears to be open)?

https://gettingdownunder.com/job/project-administrator/

Have you been applying and simply not having any interest or has the challenge been the availability of roles? 

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 10:17 pm
(@ekky17)
New Member Registered

Hi

I have been applying for roles and tried to be selective in terms of likely companies who have the means to sponsor. However, I have had noone get in touch with me for even an interview.

I have the skills and experience but I feel the current regulations make it very difficult for any company to consider me.

As I have worked in Higher Education in the last few years, I have focused on roles in that sector but I am open to other sectors. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2019 7:48 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Honorable Member Admin

Hi mate

I think this would likely be the case if you are just applying for any role you see advertised rather than those specifically offering sponsorship as part of the advertisement (the roles we select to advertise on GDU).

Networking is often not very helpful when it comes to sponsored jobs given the employer is obligated by law to advertise locally for 30 days before they can offer sponsorship to overseas candidates. 

Stick with it. Also consider what other options may exist.

Could you align any if your experience with any of the occupations in the MLTSSL?

https://gettingdownunder.com/australian-occupations-list/mltssl/

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2019 6:08 pm
(@ekky17)
New Member Registered

Hi 

Thanks for the tips. I don't see too many roles advertised for sponsorship. If anything, most roles I see make it clear that you have to have existing workimg rights.

I'm trying to focus on LinkedIn and work that way to see if I can network into a role. I have looked on the medium to long term list and I do not qualify for any of the roles sadly.

I'll try to plug away as long as I can but this has been ongoing for a number of years now and I've not even had an interview.

Thanks

Ekky

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2019 6:40 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Honorable Member Admin

It's not easy Ekky but stick with it mate.

The MLTSSL list is due a refresh soon so hopefully the next update may change your fortunes.

Good luck and please keep in touch!

Regards

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2019 11:08 pm
(@ekky17)
New Member Registered

Thank you, all I need is a lucky break but I'll keep plugging away!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 11:29 am
Mark liked
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Honorable Member Admin
Posted by: Ekramul Haque

Thank you, all I need is a lucky break but I'll keep plugging away!

👍

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2019 4:22 pm
Share:
Scroll to Top

Working

Please Login or Register