Sponsorship jobs fo...

Share:

Sponsorship jobs for mortgage/insurance broker  

RSS
(@anghelides)
New Member Registered

Hi I’m looking for any help on how to source a sponsor. I’m 32 years old now so don’t qualify for the working holiday visa anymore and have never been to Australia. Myself and my girlfriend want to emigrate and meet up with her sister who lives in Melbourne. My skills will be transferable to other roles and I’m willing to do any sort of work even if unrelated to my current role. My girlfriend works in accounts for a restaurant company currently too so between us have a mixed skill set. If anybody can help or advise us it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

Posted : November 20, 2019 5:44 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

G'day Mike 🙂 

I don't suppose you are a Canadian, Irish or French passport holder? If so you have until you are 35 to come to Australia on a working holiday visa.

It's a little odd that the same age isn't adopted across the board though the Aussie government can be a little odd sometimes. 😔 

As for identifying a sponsor, we have approx 800 live jobs in our database (aggregated from a number of Aussie job sites). https://gettingdownunder.com/jobs-in-australia/australia-sponsored-jobs/

When you are talking about having transferable skills and doing pretty and much any job, I encourage you to get into the mindset that the job adverts you see are just like any job advert except the employer is willing to sponsor overseas candidates if they can't find one locally.

As such they will likely be looking for someone with the skills for the role and you may be competing against other job candidates applying for the same role (so you're skills need to stand out).

The employer is also expected to pay the candidate a comparable wage to an Australian citizen for the job so looking for a less skilled candidate in the hope of paying lower than market rates won't be an option for them.

I have seen mortgage/real estate roles and accountancy type roles available in the past so there may be options. 

You can find how to set job here: https://gettingdownunder.com/job-alerts-now-available/

Please just be realistic when it comes to jobs you wouldn't usually apply back home.

Please let know if you have any further questions.

Cheers

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 20, 2019 7:01 am
(@anghelides)
New Member Registered

@mark

Cheers for the quick response mark! I love in England so am just outside of the age limit for the working holiday visa unfortunately. My girlfriend is 30 though so she would still qualify but time will be ticking for her. I’ll bare in mind what you have said about the jobs! I have seen the the mortgage qualifications are slightly different in aus so thinking it could be worth looking at trainee jobs too as I have the experience so would likely be a strong candidate in that instance! I’ll have to keep looking and applying for jobs and see how I get on! It’s tough when an employer hasn’t physically met you as they’re going of a phone or video call so will see how I get on 👍🏼

thanks again

Mike

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 20, 2019 4:01 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

No worries Mike and all the best with your search mate! 👍

Consider also visiting Aussie job sites such as seek.com.au to see which companies or recruiters are hiring (none sponsored roles) in this space.

Building your network won't hurt and if get the chance to come to Australia on holiday you could always arrange to have a coffee with the recruiters face to face.

Relatively speaking. You are both still pretty young so consider working towards improving your skills and experience (or occupations) that will help you qualify independently without a sponsor.

Understanding how many points you have is a good starting point this will help to identify any current gaps.

https://gettingdownunder.com/australian-migration-points-calculator/

Keep in touch!

Regards

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2019 7:08 am
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register