186 direct entry ; ...

Share:

186 direct entry ; 242111 University Lecturer  

RSS
(@iamikko)
New Member Registered

Dear Mark,

Firstly, I have gone through a lot of your article on this site. Thank you so much for all the useful articles which had raised a lot of my understanding regarding migration.

My boyfriend ,who is new phd graduate, has got a job offering as a research fellow in one of Australian uni, contract date is expected to start by Feb 2018 and the duration will be 2 years. Right now he is on bridging visa A waiting for 485 visa but he is planning to talk to his employer to sponsor him 186 (Direct Entry) so he can get PR straightaway.

Could you please help us confirm our understanding regarding 186 (DE)?

1. Skill assessment & 3 years work experience are exempted for Visa 186 (DE)applicant who is nominated as research fellow, right ?

2. If work experience is required, can it be research experience during phd study ?

3. For Direct entry nomination, employer shall hire the employee for 2 years at least. If the contract start since Feb 2018 and duration is 2 years, then the nomination is submitted to immigration in May 2018 which means 3 months have gone. Is this case ok for immigration ? because at the of of lodging nomination, it is just only 1 years and 9 months left

4. Actually, holding 457 for 2 years and then get 186 (TRT) is the same as applying for 186 (DE) straightaway, and direct entry save you from 2 years holding 457. Why many people choose to go with 457 rather than 186 (DE) ?

Posted : February 19, 2018 9:31 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Irene and welcome.

I have been through your questions in detail however your boyfriend's occupation is not a familiar one to me and I have not heard of a case where a skills assessment or experience may not be required (otherwise anyone could claim to be applying under this occupation without having a requirement to provide evidence to the contrary).

Your questions are a little more complex than those I would feel comfortable replying to. If I don't immediately know the answers to a question asked in our forums I will generally research to try and find an answer. This not only helps answer our visitor's questions but also helps me improve my own level of knowledge.

unfortunately, I have not been able to source information that will provide a definitive answer to your questions in this instance so to avoid giving you incorrect information I would rather suggest you reach out to a qualified migration agent who will be able to assist. Advice on how to find one can be found in the post I wrote here.

I'm very sorry that I was unable to help more and wish you the best of luck in your journey!

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2018 6:57 am
(@apsijay)
New Member Registered

Hi Irene,

Thanks for the original post. I am also under the same condition like your boyfriend. Could you find answers to your questions? I also have the same set of questions but could not find anybody to help me with.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 4, 2018 9:51 pm
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register