189 PR Skilled Visa...

Share:

189 PR Skilled Visa Time Frame  

RSS
(@jp-lourens)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark

As a newbie, it has taken me sometime to understand what this is all about. It appears that you have a great amount of knowledge around migration to Aus and the processes required. I did a fair bit of research myself and have started to doubt myself as my 189 skilled visa is taking longer than what was expected through the global standard time lines when I started. 

In November 2018 I completed my skills assessment and English test. I submitted my EOI on December 12th with 75 points for mechanical engineering. My invite came through on December 23rd. 

I completed all documentation and paid for the visa on 11 March 2019. At this point it stated global standard times for 75% was 6-7 months. It has now sky rocketed to 18-23 months. 

My question around this is do my points still matter at this stage. Can I be turned away. I did my medical prior to being requested to do so and have heard that it is only valid for 12 months. 

Everything is just up in the air at the moment and any sort of advise would help at this stage just to understand where my application would be at as there has been no contact from a case officer.

Thanks

JP

Posted : November 6, 2019 3:58 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi JP and thanks for your post.

As long as you have received an invite your points no longer matter - You have commenced the processes and any changes to Australian legislation won't impact those who have already been selected to apply.

With regards to timelines, the recent (very low) number of invites (100 per month instead of over 1000) would suggest that the Australian migration department is in a bit of a backlog. Last month, as we wrote about here, invitation levels were starting to return back to normal.

Though I am not saying this has given them time to address the backlog, I would suggest this has stopped it from getting worse.

The currently published timeline relates to new invitations. The key to the original timeline is the 90% part.

10% still take a lot longer than this (for a number of reasons) so as tough as it can be, I can only encourage you to be patient (It took me nearly two years from applying but was certainly worth the wait)! 😀 

You could also reach out to the migration department directly if you so wish though I don't think this will speed the process up any faster for you.

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2019 12:42 pm
(@jp-lourens)
New Member Registered

Thank you so much for the response. It gives me an understanding around the process.

The only concern is the medicals as I am of the understanding they only last for a 12 month period which was done in May 2019. Is this true. Would they have to be done again if the 12 months lapse before getting the visa grant?

Thanks again for your insight.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2019 5:36 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @jp-lourens, if your medicals are only Valid for 12 months then you may need to retake them. When you are allocated a case officer, I would be inclined to validate this fact with them directly.

Though not perfect, having old medicals on file should not harm your application as long you are upfront about it when a case officer assigned.

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2019 7:10 am
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register