Clear all

261312 Software Developer Programmer PR Query  

RSS
(@blessy-arul-jeyantha)
New Member Registered

Hi ,

i am preparing to apply for my Skills assessment for 261312

Below are my queries

1) Since my employer won't provide experience summary, Do  I have to ask my supervisor to produce a document for me? If so, Can someone give me the link for the template which I need to use?

2) How would I effectively fill up that document so that all my work experience can be considered ( Tips)

3) I did Bachelors in Civil Eng. but i am working as a Software developer for 11 + years. How can I expect my skills will be assessed?

Posted : August 31, 2020 4:56 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi mate and welcome. I can't speak from first-hand experience however check out the ACS guidelines available at the following link:

https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-skills/Skills%20Assessment%20Guidelines%20for%20Applicants%20V5-6%20Aug%202018.pdf

Page 13 details the format for the letter/reference and the key headings you'll need to provide.

Posted by: @blessy-arul-jeyantha

3) I did Bachelors in Civil Eng. but i am working as a Software developer for 11 + years. How can I expect my skills will be assessed?

Your skills will be assessed against the occupation you nominate. 

For Software Developer (261312) the following key competencies will need to be evidenced:

High-Level Description

Interprets specifications, technical designs and flow charts, builds, maintains and modifies the code for software applications constructs technical specifications from a business functional model, and tests and writes technical documentation.

Description of Employment Duties:

• researching, consulting, analyzing and evaluating system program needs
  • identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures
    and methods
  • testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language
    within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications
    perform to specification
  • writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical
    specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
  • writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end-user documentation and operational procedures
  • providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades.

Use the above list as a guide to ensure you have at least 1 - 2 examples you can use to evidence your experience. Although intended for Engineers Competency Demonstration Reports. You may also find this article of use as many of the principals apply: How to prepare and present work reference letters.  The attached screenshot should also help. 

1) Since my employer won't provide experience summary, Do  I have to ask my supervisor to produce a document for me? If so, Can someone give me the link for the template which I need to use?

Yes. The key thing is that the letter is presented by your company on a company letterhead. The alternative is that you complete a statutory declaration.

In case of the statutory declaration,

• Must contain the words “Sworn before” or “Signed before” or “witnessed before”
  • Signed by the authorized witness with date and place
  • Signed by the colleague at par or senior to you
  • Should be printed on Rs. 10/20 stamp paper and business or visiting card of a person signing it should be attached along with it
  • You need to also provide,
    • Offer letter/appointment letter or
    • Experience letter/service certificate or
    • Payslips from all previous organizations – one for each quarter or at the very least, first and last payslip for each company or
    • Form 16 and/or income tax returns for all the years of employment.

Templates for Stat decs can be found here: https://www.ag.gov.au/legal-system/statutory-declarations  

Hope this helps

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2020 8:40 am
Share: