Entry exemption / P...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Entry exemption / Partner visa entry curing C19  

RSS
(@matthew-gribben)
New Member Registered

Not sure if this section is the right section or the thinking about it part but does know anything about getting an exemption to entre Aus during the current C19 restrictions?

My partner is an Aussie citizen and we've been together just over a year. during C19 she's been living with me here in England but we are at a point now where we'd like to go back to Aus and get my partner visa application started/get a bridging visa etc now that I'd qualify as her defacto partner...

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of guidance online for this at the moment...

Posted : August 14, 2020 10:10 pm
Topic Tags
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi there Matthew and welcome 😊 

Closest I have been able to find is the information available here:

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/immediate-family-australian-citizen-or-permanent-resident

As you have mentioned, you'll now meet the de-facto criteria. Details on how to provide evidence here, you may also find this article we posted a while back of interest.

https://gettingdownunder.com/australian-de-facto-visa-relationship-proof/

Not sure if this helps? Please let me know if you have any further questions. As you've most likely realised, COVID has really impacted the norm when it comes to Australian Visa applications.

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 16, 2020 4:08 pm
(@matthew-gribben)
New Member Registered

@mark Yeah I've seen the home affairs immi advice regards entry exemption (the link you shared) but it's about as clear as mud haha

It says you needs a visa in place already, but then goes on to say if you don't have one you can apply for one but I can't find a list of Visa's that would qualify or which ones are currently being processed. ie would my ETA qualify? or do we need to go ahead and apply for a partner visa (apply overseas) 309?

Completely confused and stressed at this point. Covid has been a nightmare, I'm just glad my partner has been stuck here with me and not on the other side of the planet!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 18, 2020 1:26 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Posted by: @matthew-gribben

@mark Yeah I've seen the home affairs immi advice regards entry exemption (the link you shared) but it's about as clear as mud haha

It says you needs a visa in place already, but then goes on to say if you don't have one you can apply for one but I can't find a list of Visa's that would qualify or which ones are currently being processed. ie would my ETA qualify? or do we need to go ahead and apply for a partner visa (apply overseas) 309?

Completely confused and stressed at this point. Covid has been a nightmare, I'm just glad my partner has been stuck here with me and not on the other side of the planet!

Hi Matthew and sorry for the delay mate (my day job is keeping me busy). The lack of published information is making it very difficult to verify options at the moment.

Can I suggest you give DHA a call? Contact details here from outside Australia and if you get an answer that makes sense, please share here as it may help others.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us/telephone/outside-australia

I've had good feedback from people who have simply called in the past so hopefully, you get the same result and clarity on the information you are looking for.

If you are provided advice, I also recommend you make a note of the full name/job title of the person you spoke to and the time of the call should you need to refer to this advice in the future.

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2020 5:31 pm
Share: