IELTS General Or Ac...

Share:

IELTS General Or Academic  

RSS
 Asim
(@asim)
New Member Registered

Hi,
Thank you for providing people with a froun where they can ask their questions and get informed answers. I have two questions, I am applying for Account general or External auditor. Do I need IELTS academic or General as a proof of my english language proficiency?

Also, is it adviced to go for External auditor or Accountant general? I believe assessment criteria for both is similar. I am an ACCA( Associate Charted certified accountant) UK and also hold a bsc(hons) in applied accounting

Thank you in advance

Posted : July 22, 2016 7:24 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Asim and thanks for your post :)

Based on my research and understanding, IELTS Academic is for people planning to study in higher education or seeking professional registration.

From the CPA Australia (Certified Practising Accountants) website

CPA Australia recognises the following programs or tests as meeting the English proficiency requirements of the general skills assessment:

Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)*
IELTS Academic
PTE Academic
Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting (SMIPA)
TOEFL iBT
Minimum scores for each of the components will need to be achieved in the IELTS Academic, PTE Academic and TOEFL iBT tests:

On this basis I would suggest that the IELTS Academic route is the route to go.

With regards to whether or not to go for External auditor or Accountant general, I think the decision really has to be yours.

Your background and skills will govern which path you are more likely to succeed in when being assessed and you'll understand that a lot better than I do :)

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2016 9:14 pm
 Asim
(@asim)
New Member Registered

Thank you good Sir, have a good day

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 24, 2016 12:03 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

No Worries Asim, best of luck with your application and please keep in touch :)

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 24, 2016 1:34 am
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register