Masters' Graduate i...

Share:

Masters' Graduate in Public Health seeking sponsorship job  

RSS
(@nive21)
New Member Registered

Hey there, 

I am a Singaporean who recently graduated (Dec 2018) from the University of Queensland with a master's degree in Public Health. I am back in my home country and seeking jobs in Australia. My husband and I are working on our PR application and me getting a job there would boost up our profile. So far, i have applied for jobs posted on seek.au but most of them require current working rights and it appears to be difficult finding an employer willing to sponsor. 

Prior to this degree, i have got another master's degree in Medical Science from Uppsala University, Sweden and a Bachelors' in Biotechnology. 

Kindly advice on how i can get employer to sponsor visa or other avenues of job search and pathways to PR. 

Cheers, 

Nive 

Posted : July 16, 2019 11:46 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Nive and welcome! :)

I think your challenge will be timing.

For employers to offer sponsorship, they need to fulfil a number of obligations including advertising the roles locally for 30 days before they can even consider offering sponsorship. If they are getting local applicants applying, considering an overseas applicant will add a layer of complexity, time and cost that they may wish to avoid.

You may be doing this already, however, consider adding the terms 482 or TSS to your search criteria to highlight jobs offering sponsorship up front.

As a member of our community, we would also encourage you to register for job alerts. All of the jobs we advertise are available for overseas candidates so this will help you narrow your search (while automating your search somewhat).

More info here:

https://gettingdownunder.com/job-alerts-now-available/

How many points are you looking at as a standalone applicant? Are you looking at the 189 independent visa route?

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 3:05 pm
(@nive21)
New Member Registered

@mark

Hey Mark,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I will take note of the job search tip you provided. and yes , i have signed up for the job alert. 

As for the points, considering myself as the main applicant, tell me if I have calculated it right; 

Age (29) - 30 points

Proficient English (IELTS 8.5) - 10 points

No Overseas skilled employment - 0 points

Masters degree done in Australia (1.5 year course) - 5 points <not sure if this counts>

Masters degree done in Sweden - ? points <not sure how many points would be awarded>

Partner skills - not sure if we'd get the full 5 points. He is 33 years old,  an electrical engineer with 8 years of overseas skilled experience. He may not score in the English language part. 

Its kind of neither here nor there, which makes it difficult to focus on a single pathway. 

Any suggestions? 

Thank you! 

Regards, 

Nive 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 4:17 pm
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register