No longer skilled t...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

No longer skilled trade! Help :)  

(@willspencer17)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone!  I am a certified Electrician in Canada and I have not yet applied for a work/travel visa.  I shouldn’t have a problem getting into your beautiful country! The issue arises with my girl friend.  She’s 33 and has already taken advantage of the 1 year work/travel visa.  She did her registered massage therapy here in Canada in hopes of us being able to both apply for the skilled trades visa application but OF COURSE they removed it from the list as soon as she graduated (2019).  Needless to say, we are stumped.  Any idea how we can get my girlfriend into the country? Anything helps.  Thanks to you all!!

(@willspencer17)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Update. I know she can apply for a student visa and/or a visitor visa.  We are looking for a way in so that she can work full time.  Preferably without having to go to school again! Thanks.  

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi mate and welcome! 🖐️ 

Which Visa type, was it the Working Holiday (417 Visa)? 

There is an option to apply for a second 417 Visa if this is the case though she may have needed to have worked in a specified industry to qualify. More info here.

Second Working Holiday visa

This visa lets people 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) - and Canadian, French and Irish citizens 18 to 35 years old (inclusive) - who currently hold, or who have held, a Working Holiday visa, have a second working holiday in Australia.
    • ​​​​​​​You must have a passport from an eligible country or jurisdiction
    • You can do any kind of work while you are here​
    • You must have completed 3 months of specified subclass 417 work​​​
  • You can apply for a third Working Holiday visa if you meet certain eligibility criteria

Details of the specified work she would need to qualify can be found here.

Does this help? 

Cheers

Mark 

Useful Links: Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here
Sponsored Job Database: Click Here
Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
(@willspencer17)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@mark hello! Thank you for the quick response.  Unfortunately she did not complete any work allowing her to apply for a second year.  Any other ideas?!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @willspencer17 and sorry for the delay (DIY on the house kept me busy over the weekend)! 😣  

How long have you guys been together? If you have been together for over 12 months, you could apply as a primary applicant and have your girlfriend join you as your 'de-facto' partner.

Some of the evidence/tips to help you demonstrate that you are in a genuine, defacto partnership is contained in this article.

Australian De Facto Visa Tips To Prove Your Relationship

Beyond that mate, given the complicity of your case, I would recommend you reach out to an Australian migration agent:

How to find an Australian Migration Agent

Many agents will offer an initial consultation at a minimum/zero charge which will help at least validate any other options available to you.

All the best

Mark 

ReplyQuote
(@willspencer17)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@mark You are the MAN!   Thank you good sir.  I will look into it and will try my best to report back if it works out :).  Cheers. 

Mark liked
ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

@willspencer17 no worries at all. Keep in touch and best of luck with your next steps 👍 

ReplyQuote
Share: