Revoking 457 Visa Cancellation
Hello, my name is Tay from Korea.
I have questions about revoking 457 visa cancellation.
I worked at a restaurant in Sydney under 457 sponsorship visa during 10/2016~4/2018(Started under working holiday visa and then got 457 visa). Then I quit this job because I had to go back to Korea for my family. In November 2018, I received an email from Australian Government saying that my visa will be cancelled unless I respond to the letter in 28 days. I had decided to go back to Sydney and I contacted the restaurant, and explained this. They asked me to send them a signed statement and my mother's medical record. So I sent all the documents they asked on the day before its due date which was 11/Dec/2018. The lawyers at the restaurant said my visa was lodged in time and they are confident in a good outcome. It has been 2 months since the visa was lodged and I haven't heard anything from the restaurant yet. How long will it take to get my visa back or is it possible to get my 457 visa back? And what else can I do if my visa got rejected?
Thank you for your help.
Hi there mate. I think you still have a wait yet. Check out the latest waiting times on the Australian migration website here:
457 Applications are taking quite a while to process at the moment.
Thank you for your reply. However, does it take long time in this kind of case as well? This isn't a new 457 application but just requesting revocation of cancelling my 457 visa.
Ah Ok, sorry. I misunderstood your question. It may just be easier to see if your visa is still valid. On the basis that you did get the information back in time, your visa shouldn't have been cancelled in the first place.
Have you checked with the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system available here?
What does this tell you?
No problem at all.
It says "My visa is about to expire or has expired."
Does this mean that my visa was cancelled already? Also means failed to revoke cancellation?
Unfortunately yes, I would say that might be the case. I suggest you provide this feedback to the lawyers at the restaurant looking to revoke the cancellation as this clearly hasn't been reflected in your records as of yet.
I was told to wait. They're saying that there shouldn't be a problem to get my visa back.
I appreciate it Mark.