Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SC190 Victoria Query  

RSS
(@matthew-groch)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark

I have two quick queries. Please could you assist?

Some context: I am interested in the International Ph.D pathway for SC190 for Victoria. I am an (offshore) Electrical Engineer (233311) and my spouse is a primary school teacher (241213) with > 8 years’ experience. I am the main applicant.

Can I claim the experience points for my spouse?

I am on the MLTSSL, and she is not. However, we are both on the visa nomination occupation list for Victoria.

From the home affairs website:

For you to be eligible for the award of these points your partner must be an applicant for the same visa subclass and must not be an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen.  

Additionally, you will need to provide evidence that when you were invited to apply for this visa that they:

• were under 45 years old
  • had <a href=" removed link ">competent English
  • had nominated a skilled occupation that is on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated skilled occupation

Secondly, can I claim working experience for post-graduate research? It is a formal appointment, albeit on contract, with full pay, 40 hours a week. Furthermore, my post-doc is spent doing contract research for industry.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Matthew

Posted : May 20, 2020 10:26 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi mate and welcome. So sorry for the late reply. My day job (and COVID) have made me very busy recently. 

Posted by: @matthew-groch

I am on the MLTSSL, and she is not. However, we are both on the visa nomination occupation list for Victoria.

Posted by: @matthew-groch

Additionally, you will need to provide evidence that when you were invited to apply for this visa that they:

• had nominated a skilled occupation that is on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated skilled occupation

You've kind of answered your first question with the information you provided there Matthew, you both need to be on the same occupation list. If you are applying Under a state-sponsored Visa (Cictoria) then strictly speaking you will be on the same list.

With regards to your second question, I'm not 100% sure, however reading the migrations skills assessment booklet available here, it does suggest that postgraduate qualifications may be taken into account so this may extend to your experience. 

To be 100% certain, I recommend you reach out to Engineers Australia (the assessing body) as they will be best placed to give you a definitive answer. 

Contact details: https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/Contact-Us  

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 28, 2020 3:38 pm
Share: