Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Timeframes  


(@garyedwards)
New Member Registered
Joined: 2 months ago
Posts: 4
Topic starter  

Hi there,

We are in the process of getting a skills assessment done & should have this back within 3-4 weeks. We are from the UK & going for the employment nomination 186 visa. I’m just wondering if anyone has any ideas on timeframes. We did have A job opportunity & company lined up to sponsor us but because a family member runs the company, due to restrictions Becoming tighter apparently, it looks like we might need to find a new company to sponsor us now. From my understanding, once you have the skills assessment back, it then usually takes 4 months to get a 186 visa if you have a company lined up. Is this true & if so are timeframes likely to be affected because of the pandemic?

Any insight on the process or if anyone else has had success stories during these crazy times would be really helpful.

Michelle & Gary 


Quote
Topic Tags
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 816
 

Hi mate, I don't have personal experience of the 186, however from the Aussie Migration website that summarises processing times here.

Due to COVID-19, some visa processing times have been affecte​d and applications may take longer to finalise. Processing times are not available for all visa subclasses.  The Department is prioritising processing of visa applications for travellers who are exempt from our travel restrictions to help those who need urgent travel

What is your field of occupation?

Cheers

Mark 

Useful Links: Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here
Sponsored Job Database: Click Here
Set up Job Alerts: Click Here


ReplyQuote
(@garyedwards)
New Member Registered
Joined: 2 months ago
Posts: 4
Topic starter  

Hi Mark

Thanks for the link, this is Gary’s wife Michelle :-) it says 75% of applications take 4 months & 90% take 7 months which I don’t totally understand. Gary’s skill set is a Quantity Surveyor & Commercial Manager. We’ve been told it’s highly likely his assessment will come back positive any day now.

Michelle 


ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 816
 

Hi Michelle and thanks for your post 🤗 

You are right about the time scales being confusing. The 75% / 90% basically means that if you had 100 applicants that all applied on exactly the same date, then the Aussie migration department would have processed 75% of these applicants within 4 months and 3 months later, they would have got through 90% of the applicants. The remaining 10% may take longer due to additional complexities with their visas. 

The challenge with the processing stats at the moment is that the processing volumes are much lower than usual so the 'average' figures are a lot more difficult to calculate. 

With that said applicants are receiving their 186 visas after applying in September so the 4-month figure is still holding true. I just wouldn't use this as a guaranteed timeline as COVID has done a great job of stuffing up what we would consider to be the traditional norm. 

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark 

 

Useful Links: Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here
Sponsored Job Database: Click Here
Set up Job Alerts: Click Here


ReplyQuote
(@garyedwards)
New Member Registered
Joined: 2 months ago
Posts: 4
Topic starter  

@mark ahh that makes perfect sense when put like that :-) it’s good to hear that there are success stories out there. We are positive we’ll be there by summer. We’ll our story here to help others too. Our skills assessment should be back within 4 weeks & it looks like we are good to go with the labour market testing & then hopefully get the nomination visa & visa application in by the end of January. Fingers crossed. Michelle 


ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 816
 

@garyedwards Thanks Michelle and thanks for providing your own story for others. This will be very helpful for other folks in similar scenarios I am sure.

Best of luck and please keep in touch. I'm hopeful 2021 will be your year also! 😊 

Useful Links: Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here
Sponsored Job Database: Click Here
Set up Job Alerts: Click Here


ReplyQuote
Share: