Notifications
Clear all

U.K. freedom of movement  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@chrissul)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark

We are a family of 5 and after coming over for a visit in February, we want to press ahead on moving over.

however the visa application for the five of us runs into several thousands and with recent talks over here in the U.K. They is a lot of talk regarding freedom of movement between the two countries.

Have you any information if this is likely to happen.

Thanks,

chris.

Posted : October 9, 2020 4:25 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Chris and welcome mate. 🖐️

On the freedom of movement; other than what I have read in the press, not really much beyond that.

What I would say is the article we published here (today) would suggest that the Aussie government (at least in the short term) is wanting to reduce the level of flexibility given to Migrants with a focus on locating new arrivals in jobs and regions where they will have the greatest economic impact on COVID recovery efforts.

Tony Abbott, (tipped to be Britain’s joint president of the Board of Trade), though an ex-Australian prime mister, isn't very well thought of by the current Australian Government so I'm also unsure how much weight his suggestions for an increase in the level of freedom of movement will have with the folks currently in charge. 

Several thousand is clearly a lot of money. Is that to do everything yourself or via a migration agent? 

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 4:53 pm
(@chrissul)
New Member Registered

@mark 

I have looked at all options including sponsorship. 

We are in hospitality over 20 years experience. Although when speaking with immigration people they don’t think that we could go for a visa for a hotel manager because of the need for a degree requirement. Also over here hospitality manager would cover you in experience to manage, hotels, inns, pubs, restaurant and cafes. However when looking into the visa process I was informed that is not the case when applying for a visa. I can go down the route of chef. This would need a skills assessment with a practical assessment that cost would come out at around £2000 alone.

We have just sold our house so will be good to go in January. But obviously if there is chance of saving cash from the visas and skills assessment would be a great advantage.

I was speaking with an Aus company who deals with sponsorship TSS recruitment. 
That cost came out at $9000 for the 5 of us. Then they would be additional costs to apply for PR.

so many options!

thanks,

Chris.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 5:28 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

@chrissul hi mate

I may be misinterpreted your comments, however be weary of companies looking to charge you to organise a TSS visa.

Typically the employer would cover this costs and middlemen/companies offering visa sponsorship for a fee are treading a very fine line from a legality perspective.

With regards the skills and experience required to qualify under certain occupation types. The 'ANZSCO' descriptions govern the experience and skill levels required. We have these listed at the following link so make yourself familiar with the desriptions for the role types you mentioned above. 👍

https://gettingdownunder.com/anzsco-occupation-codes/

Also, when we moved over here, my partners occupation got more points as she had formal qualifications in her occupation and I didn't. She applied as the primary applicant with myself and our son listed as dependents.

Does your partner have any of the skills considered in demand? 

https://gettingdownunder.com/australia-occupations-list/

Cheers

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 10, 2020 10:53 am
(@chrissul)
New Member Registered

@mark

We are both General managers, started out at 18 years old and worked our way up managing multi- million £ businesses. 

Sponsorship is going to be the last way we try and enter. 
We are praying on the free movement and should hear some news in the coming weeks when the trade deals get signed. Otherwise I will go down the state sponsorship chef route hopefully.

fingers crossed things start moving along soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 10, 2020 6:21 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

@chrissul OK mate, fully understands and please keep in touch. Hopefully, the new deal opens some additional doors for you though.

I'm personally and not feeling that optimistic but will be happy to be proven wrong on this occasion

Regards

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 12, 2020 9:24 am
Share: