Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Who am I ?  

RSS
Community - migrate to australia
(@alejandroz)
New Member Registered

First of all, I would like to say a huge thank you to the creators of this website: you make a great job and I found a lot of answers here! It's the best and most helpful web source I have ever seen!! Anyhow, I need an advise from somebody who knows Australian's labor market and its related rules. I'll explain my needs through myself introduction: I'm 32 yeras old, and I have some background: 1) my work experience - I was a Senior Customer Engineer for 8 years at Siemens Healthcare (field service engineer, customer services for medical equipment - CT, MRI systems, LinACs), now I'm a Service and Service Sales Manager at Neusoft Medical systems for more than 1 year; 2) my education - 5 years of Radiophysics and Electronics studies at the University (2005), then achieved remotely bachelor's degree for Professional Management at the Open University Business School, GB (2011). I live in Russia, I'm a Russian citizen, but I have a dream to join to the Australian community and I've started implementation of this plan. But I still can't understand how can I pose myself according ANZSCO - as Biomedical Engineer (233913), as Electrical Engineer (233311) or as Customer Service Manager (149212)??? I'm almost broke my mind, but didn't find right answer. I'll appreciate so much any help, advice and even point of view!

Posted : April 18, 2016 9:52 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi and thanks for popping by :)

Probably my best advise in this scenario is don't over think it!

By this i mean you have lots of skills, experience and different jobs in your history however for the purposes of your journey down under pick just one!

Pick the job where you fell you have the strongest skills and experience and ALSO the ability to demonstrate that you have the skills and experience an assessor may be looking for.

It's easy to get overawed when you have a lot of experience, however once you have chosen which 'skill' you'll be applying with you'll find this process a lot easier.

Does this help?

Regards

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

Looking for a Sponsored Job? Click Here

Sponsored Job Database: Click Here

Set up Job Alerts: Click Here

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 19, 2016 9:26 am
(@alejandroz)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark!

Human nature is made this way that we want to have a specific answer for our specific question =) But I thank you a lot - your answer is very helpful and I fully agree with it! I've made a decision finally.

And also you mentioned an asessment procedure =) I pose myself first of all as engineer, so "Engineers Australia" will evaluate my background. I have met briefly with "Competency Demonstration Report" - materials from this side were extremely helpful for understanding!!! - It seems quite strange for me that I didn't find special test form or something like this (like a colleague test): only extended explanation of my skills, work experience and graduation. I'm not Steven King, for example, - literally speaking, - but I don't complain about my verbal, narrative skills =) Wrighter perhaps can be a bad engineer, - or very good engineer can have very bad explanation, wrighting skills. I just mean, that assessment process seems slighly subjective for me =) Or, may be I left something without enough attention...

Best regards,

Alexander

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 19, 2016 5:46 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

I agree Alexander

The assessment process for engineers is a little like being awarded a job based on nothing but the content of your resume. It is indeed very subjective and those who can write like Stephen King (that made me laugh!) :D may well have a discreet advantage.

Theoretically speaking, assessors of the Competency Demonstration Reports (CDR’s) are looking for engineers to demonstrate their technical capability however how this information is presented will certainly influence the likelihood of success.

As you write your CDR or other documents , feel free to pop in here and ask any questions and we’ll assist where we can.

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 20, 2016 7:54 am
(@alejandroz)
New Member Registered

Dear Mark,

Thank you so much for your support and kind words! Also your explanations here and tips are very very useful!

Yes, I'm going to write my CDR and I'll do all my best =)

And I've joined "Getting Down Under" group in the linkedin, - so we can stay in touch further!

Best wishes,

Alexander

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 24, 2016 5:55 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Good to hear Alexander! I'll make sure you're approved on our linkedin group also.

For those reading this, if you'd like to connect / network with people looking to move down under on the professional level, we'd love to see you on our linkedin group at:

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2028279

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Useful Links

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2016 7:45 am
Share: