Belgian nurse looki...

Share:

Belgian nurse looking for sponsorship  

RSS
(@lisavanschoor)
New Member Registered

Hi everyone!

My name is Lisa and I'm a 25 year old nurse from Belgium. I've already been to Australia on a WHV and had the best time. Thats already more than 2 years ago.

My heart is still in Australia and I would like to go back and work and live there for a couple years.

I'm a nurse , so it's a job that's highly in demand, I can get my own visa but that would cost me more than 15k and that's something I don't have.

So I was hoping there would be a chance that an institution/hospital would sponsor me. 

Anyone experience with this or tips for me?

Thank you in advance!

Lisa Vanschoor

Posted : September 20, 2019 11:11 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Lisa and welcome to our community. 😊 

Your right about nursing being a popular option and there are a number of roles currently being advertised in our sponsored job section.

Firstly, I recommend you register a job alert for the term 'nurse' so we can alert you as soon as a job becomes available.

https://gettingdownunder.com/job-alerts-now-available/

With regards to costs for PR. $15k sounds expensive (I assume this would be via an agent)?

The current Visa cost for a 189 independent visa is just over $4k AUD. Have you considered registering an EOI and applying without the assistance of a migration agent?

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2019 10:25 am
(@lisavanschoor)
New Member Registered

@mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply.

I registered a job alert and hopefully something will come out soon!

The main cost is a bridging course (3 months) that's mandatory these days and it costs about 15.000 AUD apparently.

So I was hoping that if I could find a sponsored job, they would sponsor this course. What do you think?

Kind regards,

Lisa Vanschoor

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2019 4:43 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Ahhhh. Ok, Lisa. Yes, that makes more sense. I'd not accounted for the course. $15k for three months! Someone is making a lot of money our of this process!! 🙄 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2019 7:25 pm
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register