Hello Everyone!

Share:

Hello Everyone!  

RSS
(@andym)
Active Member Registered

Hello, Just joined up after finding the site this week - have to say out of everything I've been researching this place puts it in plain English and stops my head exploding!

We're at the very (very) start of our search so lots to find out, but we have relatives (Wife's aunt and cousins) in Perth, and my dad went over as a child for several years as a ten pound pom in the 60's. My mother in law wants to go also as a retiree (her sister-in-law was and we believe her husband also was born in Australia). We're unsure how this would help at the moment but I believe aunts and cousins can be a sponsor.

We've got 3 kids (6, 8 & 11) to take with us but they are extremely excited by the prospect.

My wife works in special-needs childcare and I'm in ICT systems support so we're both on the list which helps too

I'm now getting more and more befuddled by the visa's and which applies to who, how to apply for the wife, me and the kids etc.

Posted : 20/06/2019 6:04 pm
Mark liked
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Reputable Member Admin

Welcome Andy and thanks for saying hi. It's great to have you on board. 😊 🖐️ 

How are you travelling from a points perspective if you were to go the independent route without being sponsored by a family member? 

See our Australian Visa Points Calculator if you haven't calculated your potential points score just yet.

All the best and happy to help you get your head around the process where we can.

Cheers

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2019 11:36 pm
(@andym)
Active Member Registered

I'm at 55 points without a sponsor, using the partner skills option as my wife is up in the 70's. That depends on how they measure the english language, as I don't think UK nationals are required to take the test.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2019 2:29 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Reputable Member Admin

Your right on the English testing front for English Nationals however I would still recommend considering taking the test if you are searching for extra points.

See this article for further context Andy:

IELTS Score For Australia A Definative Guide

As a UK national you would be considered as having competent English. Should your wife take an IELTS test and pass with a score equal to supreme English. She may qualify for an extra 20 points which in sure would be very handy 🙂 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2019 7:34 am
Share: