looking for 482 vis...

Share:

looking for 482 visa sponsorship with DAMA NT Labour Agreement in aged and disability care assistance  

RSS
(@alessia)
New Member Registered

Hello everyone!

I'm an experienced, qualified and dedicated aged and disability care assistant from Italy willing to relocate to the Northern Territory. As already assessed with my migration agent, I'm elegible for TSS 482 visa DAMA Labour Agreement. I'm in the middle of my job search but I'm finding it really difficult to sight a sponsor that would nominate me for that visa in my profession of aged and disability carer. Does anybody have any suggestions or connections? Any help would truly come a long way! Thanks in advance!!!

Posted : September 27, 2019 2:00 am
Mark liked
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Alessia and welcome. Great to have you on board! 🖐️ 

Firstly, I recommend you register a job alert for the terms 'aged care' and 'disability care'  so we can alert you as soon as a job becomes available. More information on how to do this here.

https://gettingdownunder.com/job-alerts-now-available/

We have a few aged care roles listed on our Australian sponsored jobs page at the moment but these appear to be targeted more at aged care nurses. It sounds like your experience may be a little different?

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2019 7:33 pm
Alessia liked
(@alessia)
New Member Registered

@mark

Thanks for the reply Mark! Yes, my situation is a bit different, I'm not a nurse... I'm just an aged and disability care assistant, qualified, experienced, highly motivated, bilingual (Italian and English) and very eager to move to Australia... I just wanted to touch base and ask for advices and connections that  may set me on the right track  on finding a sponsor... Thank you so much! Lots of love, Alessia

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 1, 2019 7:37 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @alessia, I'm unsure of your age, however, have you considered an Australia working holiday visa

As you'll no doubt appreciate, half of the challenge is being able to reach out to the appropriate authorities directly and spending time in Australia might help in this space.

The other option might be to perhaps reach out to a number of health care providers directly to express an interest in working for a particular facility. 

The Australian Yellow pages provide a pretty comprehensive list of aged care facilities in Australia with relevant contact details.

Finally, consider Linkedin to build your network with aged care workers in Australia.

Though I would advise against connecting to people indiscriminately, consider joining a couple of the Aged care groups so you can identify appropriate people to connect with while using the group as a platform to flag your interest.

I found a couple of groups here which may be of interest to you (you may need to be logged into Linkedin to view them). 

I hope these pointers help for starters. 😊 

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 1, 2019 10:44 am
Alessia liked
(@alessia)
New Member Registered

@mark

Hi Mark! Thank you so much for the suggestions! I'm 43 and well beyond the age for a working holiday visa... I perfectly tailored my cover letter, CV and LinkedIn profile for Australian standards and I've already sent them out to a bunch of job applications... I also spoke to few recruiters, but when I mention about sponsorship, for the time being no one seems interested...  I'm focusing my search in the NT coz it's where there's the possibility for sponsorship in my profession of aged and disability carer... But unfortunately the DAMA agreement has just started and it may take time before it gets utilised by the employers... anyhow I'm not letting myself down and I keep on trying... I'm joining groups and forums and I'm trying to extend my connections and networks... If anyone has any advices or suggestions  to give on looking for a sponsor in Aged or Disability care, please reach out! With much gratitude  and lots of love to everyone, Alessia

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 1, 2019 1:24 pm
Mark liked
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @alessia

It sounds like you're covering as much ground as you can.  😊

If you are sending your resume/cover letters to potential employes, I highly recommend you reference the new DAMA scheme somewhere within your letter.

Many employers may be put off sponsoring a candidate as the process might sound overly complicated or expensive.

Referencing an official source such as the one available here as part of your cover letter might not be a bad idea. This way, if you spike someone's interest at least they have an official resource they can use to educate themselves. 

I also hope someone else pops past this post who might be following a similar path so they can provide some further tips and ideas.

Best of luck Alessia 👍 

Regards

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 1, 2019 3:17 pm
Alessia liked
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register