Welcome to our comm...

Share:

[Sticky] Welcome to our community  

RSS
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Everyone. So I thought I'd add an introductions forum so we have a place for our latest members to say hi! ?️ 

To get the ball rolling, I thought I better introduce myself. 

So hi everyone! The names Mark, and I'm the chap who runs this little place on the web. 

Getting Down Under started as a personal blog all the way back in 2006 and since this initial launch, our website has continued to grow. 

Back in 2006 time, our family which comprised of myself,  ‘the missus’ (at the time) and our then,  4-year-old son starting to prepare for a one one-way journey of a lifetime.

For me, what is really important is that you as a member of our community, you know that you are not alone in your journey!

I genuinely hope myself and our other community members can make your own journey down under a really smooth one ? 

All the best

Mark ? 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

Posted : March 1, 2019 3:16 pm
Jack Bu liked
Topic Tags
(@scottcook)
New Member Registered

Hello Everyone, 

My name is Scott and I have recently received confirmation from Engineers Australia that both my qualifications and work experience assessments have given me full visa points and along with current IELTS results, I have 55points. Therefore thought it would be a great idea to join the forum, as our dream life is one step closer, and more detailed information and correspondence is now required.

Mark

This is a great site, with loads of up to-date information, well done on a quality site, look forward to using it on a daily basis now.

Regards

Scott

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 22, 2019 10:57 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Great to meet you Scott and welcome to the community mate. 👍 It's good to have you onboard! :) 

Let me know if I can help in any way.

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 24, 2019 5:51 pm
(@cohn1256)
New Member Registered

Howdy! My name is Will Cohn. I stumbled across your website and am grateful to have found it, but I don't know if you will be Mark because I have a TON of questions. It says that this is for intros only so where could I go to post about where I am in the process, and to ask all of my questions?

Thanks for making the site!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 22, 2019 2:14 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin
Posted by: @cohn1256

Howdy! My name is Will Cohn. I stumbled across your website and am grateful to have found it, but I don't know if you will be Mark because I have a TON of questions. It says that this is for intros only so where could I go to post about where I am in the process, and to ask all of my questions?

Thanks for making the site!

Welcome Will 🖐️ 

Our main forum index can be located here if you'd like to browse our different forums.

https://gettingdownunder.com/community/

If you're at the beginning of your journey I would highly recommend our "thinking about it" forum here 🙂 

https://gettingdownunder.com/community/thinking-about-it/

I look forward to helping where I can

All the best

Mark 

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 23, 2019 9:07 am
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register