No update on Citize...

New Introductions Forum just added. New to our community.. Say hi by clicking here

No update on Citizenship applications  

RSS
(@najamss)
New Member Customer

Hi,

My wife has submitted a citizenship application along with our 10 years old son last month and still, there is no response except the receipt acknowledgement.

Some people have suggested us not to call them for an update otherwise our application will go down under the pile, is this true? Do you think that as they are discussing the citizenship law in parliament; therefore, there is no response?

Posted : July 24, 2017 4:03 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Reputable Member Admin

Hi there, looking at the current processing times citizenship applications are taking approx 88 days from lodgement to decision.

Your current timing appears to be within this range so I would not be too concerned just yet! :)

All the best

Mark

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 24, 2017 5:07 pm
(@najamss)
New Member Customer

Ah ic.. Then it's cool!. In the meanwhile, I found an article related to my question:

http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2017/06/27/over-81000-citizenship-applications-awaiting-processing

So, there is a massive backlog

Thanks a heap for the prompt reply. I have been following you guys for many many years and that's for a reason :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 24, 2017 5:11 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Reputable Member Admin

Your very welcome and good luck with your application. I'm sure it will come soon enough! :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 25, 2017 3:25 pm
Share: