Share:

103 Parents Visa  

RSS
 JL
(@ylong37)
New Member Registered

Hi, I submitted a 103 Parent Visa application for my parents and received a queue date back in beginning of 2010. And right after I received the queue date, I got an employment opportunity in Hong Kong, since I think we will need to wait for up to 20 years to get the visa, so I moved back to Hong Kong for work and to be closer to my parents. And recently when I checked the queue calculator, there are only 1900 persons front of us, it means my parents application will get assessed soon. Now I'm a bit worried, as since 2010, I've been away from Australia, and I only went back twice for holiday, would it cause any problem when immigration office assess whether I'm 'settled' as a sponsor? I recently bought a property in Sydney, and I'm planning to move back to Australia beginning of next year, would these all help? Also do I need to have employment in Australia to prove I'm 'settled' after I moved back to Sydney? Coz I might not be able work as I have a little son for me to look after at home. Could you please kindly advise if my situation will bring any negative impact on my parents' application?

Kind regards
Joey

Posted : August 25, 2017 12:57 am
 JL
(@ylong37)
New Member Registered

Forgot to mention, I'm an Australian Citizen, and I've been living in Australia for 8 years, before I moved to Hong Kong for work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 25, 2017 1:09 am
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Joey, according to the migration website

An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen is considered settled if they have been living in Australia for two years.

For Australian citizens, the time might be reduced to three months in compassionate and compelling circumstances.

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2017 4:22 am
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register