Share:

Awaiting Invitation  

RSS
(@adeeba)
Active Member Registered

Dear Mark,

Firstly, I would like to say that I have read some of your answers and they seem to be very helpful and that's why I decided to join this forum.

I have finished my Masters In Professional accounting from Sydney and presently (me and my husband) am on 485 visa. I know I have quite some time on hand (I was granted 485 visa on 02/11/2017) but still want to make utmost of the time.

I have already cleared PTE and have achieved 8 bands each and overall. Am presently, I am pursuing professional year for additional 5 points. Meanwhile, I have already lodged my EOI for 189 and 190 visa via skill select at 70 points under Executive Auditor category (ANZCO 221213). Am I on the right path? Should I lodge EOI under any other categories?

Also, I was contemplating doing NAATI and gaining additional 5 points. But is that really necessary? As working full time and already doing 1 course makes it a bit difficult.

I have read that Accountants even at 75 points are not being invited since past 6 months. Is that true? Should I be working for 80 points?

Thank you in advance
Regards
Adeeba

Posted : 03/02/2018 9:53 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Reputable Member Admin

Hi Adeeba, Accounts are one of the most popular occupations at the moment and you are correct that recent invitation rounds have seen accountants requiring 80 points.

With that said, Auditors are being invited with a point score of 75 points.

It's important that if you have the time, to look avenues that will help you get additional points as at the end of the day you can never have too many :)

It's also difficult to say exactly how many is enough as the other applicants score will govern that.

I wrote a little more on this subject here.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Regards

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2018 4:06 am
Share: