Share:

Im on a 12 month visa. Im now married to my PR husband.  

RSS
(@lindaandroy)
New Member Registered

Hi Mark. Im currently on a 12 months visitor visa which expires on january 1st. My partner is a PR of Australia..for the last 47 years. We married 2 months ago..and I want to apply for my PR visa. Im currently living with my husband in Orange NSW. Where on earth do I start?!!!

Posted : September 3, 2017 5:44 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Linda :)

To avoid me reinventing the wheel, take a look at the appropriate page on the Australian migration website here. This includes a pretty good overview of the steps you would need to follow to qualify for a spouse/partner visa.

Once you have had a chance to digest, feel free to pop back with any questions and I'll be happy to help where I can.

All the best

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 5, 2017 2:16 am
(@lindaandroy)
New Member Registered

Thanks Mark. Having read all the info you gave me... is it wiser to go through a lawyer... migration expert..or do it alone? I cant help thinking its going to be better with expert help. Do you do this???

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 5, 2017 2:26 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Linda, doing it by yourself is more than doable although it might take a little longer as you will need to take a little time to read the documents and guidelines etc. (For info, when I moved down under I did it myself so it is doable) ;)

Although I am more than happy to help where I can, I am not a registered agent So I can only give general advice (+ links to appropriate official resources).

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2017 3:21 am
Share:
Scroll to Top

Please Login or Register