Share:

Regarding student dependent visa  

RSS
Community - 20a546111a74775c61c36be21570f1cd?s=110&d=mm&r=g - Getting Down Under
(@apoorva)
New Member Registered

I am in Melbourne on student visa. I wish to apply for my husband's and baby's dependent visa who are in India. The baby is just one year and is not adjusting there. I need help regarding how much time it will take?
Also, was it better if would have applied for all of ours together as agent said that if we would have applied all together then there were more chances of rejection.

Thank you

Posted : December 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Reputable Member Admin

Hi Did you declare your family members as part of your student visa application?

As per info here:

Declare all family members on your application, even if they do not plan to travel with you to Australia. If you do not do this, your family members will not be eligible for a student visa to join you in Australia.

If you did not declare a family member and they need to join you in Australia at a later date, you will need to apply for a new student visa including them and explain why they were not included on your application. An exception to this is if they became your family members after your student visa was granted and before a subsequent application is made.

Also, the advise from your agent makes no sense at all. I would encourage you to seek a second opinion from a different agent.

Mark

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2017 5:50 pm
Community - 20a546111a74775c61c36be21570f1cd?s=110&d=mm&r=g - Getting Down Under
(@apoorva)
New Member Registered

Thank you for your response.
Yes, all the family members are listed in my application. What will be the processing time for them to come over here as I am already here now?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2017 6:04 pm
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Reputable Member Admin

Hi. The department publishes current processing times on their website. The specific page is available via the following link.

Community Manager
Getting Down Under

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2017 11:32 pm
Share: